Gwendoline Ruais is the first Miss World Philippines.
Ruais will be competing with 119 other equally gorgeous girls in the 2011 Miss World contest in London on Nov. 6.
People hope she brings home the only world crown not yet won by a Filipina.
It’s the reason why she’s under pressure to bring home the country’s first Miss World crown which is at stake in the Miss World contest on Nov. 6 in London.
Beauty queen Evangeline Pascual placed first runner-up to USA’s Marjorie Wallace and later dethroned in 1973 and actress Ruffa Gutierrez placed Second Princess (third place) to Miss Jamaica.
In last year’s Bb. Pilipinas pageant, won by Venus Raj (fourth runner-up in that year’s Miss Universe contest), Gwendoline placed among the Top 10 in last year pageant but her ‘no-win’ didn’t discourage her from joining another contest, emerging the favorite winner.
- Miss Universe Says ‘How to Become a Queen in Real Life’
- Dayanara Torres Talks About Break-up With Aga Muhlach
- ‘It’s not Easy to Represent the Country when the Pageant is Held in Your Homeland’ Says Charlene Gonzales
- Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach Will Join Manny Pacquiao As Tourism Ambassador During Miss U Pageant
- Gloria Diaz Advises Maxine Medina to Get an Interpreter