Catalino Cuy is now the officer in charge of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).
President Rodrigo Duterte has designated Cuy as the caretaker of DILG effective immediately.
Cuy takes the place of Ismael Sueno, who was fired by Duterte from the DILG portfolio over allegations of corruption.
Cuy served as DILG undersecretary for police matters, and was formerly chief of police of Davao City, when Duterte was still the mayor.
Cuy will hold the position to ensure the continuous and effective delivery of services of the Department until the President appoints a new secretary,
Ernesto Abella said.
Cuy immediately pledged to help the President’s war on drugs and criminality.
He said that he takes the responsibilities given to him by President Duterte seriously, and he commits to overseeing the day-to-day operations of the DILG and its constituent agencies in the spirit of absolute fairness, unity, and dedication to public service.
This is in order to move forward in the President’s campaign against illegal drugs, corruption, and criminality, Cuy added.
- Pantaleon Alvarez Says the Impeachment Bid is Stupid & Based on Fabricated Allegations
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Wishes to Amend Constitution to Declare Martial Law?
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Marks 72nd Birthday with Family on March 28
- Emily Padilla of DILG Says that ‘Federalism’ is Our Last Card to Attain Peace & Progress in our Country
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Wants to Postpone Barangay Elections Again