President Rodrigo Duterte has named, his first appointee to the Supreme Court.
Duterte picked Sandiganbayan Associate Justice Samuel Martires as SC associate justice.
Martires will take the spot vacated by retired SC Justice Jose Perez, who left his post on December 14, 2016.
Martires is the 175th Associate Justice and its newest member.
Martires said his appointment to the High Court has yet to sink in.
He thanked the Lord for the blessing he has showered him and he just hope He will continue to bless him, he said.
He has been in lots of pressures, he just hopes that Lord will guide him, give him the strength, and health he needs, a sound mind and body to help him in his work in the Supreme Court, he added.
President Duterte will appoint 12 of the 15 justices of the SC during his term.
The president has 90 days, from the time of vacancy, to appoint the new high court magistrates.
- Sen. Tito Sotto Says ‘Mocha Uson is a Good Choice for the Job in MTRCB’
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Says Leni Robredo is in a Hurry to Become President
- Leni Robredo is not Bothered about Impeachment Case Filed Against Her
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Graces the Reception of Grandchild Stonefish Carpio’s Christening
- Pres. Rodrigo Dutere Urges Lawmakers to Listen to Gina Lopez Before Confirmation of Her Appointment