Pres. Rodrigo Duterte admits money given to cops for drug busts.
Duterte admitted that government authorities gave money to police for legitimate drug buy-bust operations and not as payment to kill drug suspects.
In an ambush interview, Duterte said that policemen are given money because if they go out and hunt for those trafficking drugs, there must be a selling and buying, otherwise there is no trafficking.
However, he admitted that some unscrupulous cops ended up pocketing the money.
The president said this, following retired police officer Arthur Lascañas’ claims that the longtime Davao City mayor paid members of the so-called Davao Death Squad for every killings.
Lascañas said the DDS initially started killing criminals in the city but was later used to go after Duterte’s political enemies.
Asked about Lascañas claims that many people were killed by the DDS during his more than 20-year reign as Davao City mayor, Duterte only repeated his usual statement that he only sanctioned the killings of drug suspects who turned violent in legitimate police operations.
- Catalino Cuy is Now the Officer In Charge of DILG
- Pantaleon Alvarez Says the Impeachment Bid is Stupid & Based on Fabricated Allegations
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte is Unmindful of Arthur Lascañas’ Allegation
- Arthur Lascañas Retracts His Earlier Testimony about Alleged DDS of Pres. Rodrigo Duterte
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Will Review Gina Lopez’s Decisions of Closing Mines