Lani Mercado on Leila Delima’s arrest: ‘I’m praying for her’
This was the reaction of Bacoor Mayor Mercado, wife of former senator Bong Revilla Jr., on the arrest of Senator de Lima.
Mercado said De Lima would now feel what she and her family experienced when Bong was jailed for allegedly misusing pork barrel funds in an investigation led by De Lima as justice secretary during that time.
Lani said now, Delima will know what senators Bong, Jinggoy and Enrile experienced.
Jolo Revilla, son of Revilla and Mercado and vice governor of Cavite, also said that the charges against De Lima is an opportunity for the senator to prove her innocence.
This is her time to prove that she is innocent.
De Lima has been detained at the Custodial Center in Camp Crame last February 24, following her arrest over allegations she had ties to the illegal drug trade.
Prior to detention, De Lima maintained her innocence and claimed that her arrest was President Rodrigo Duterte’s way of silencing critics.
De Lima is the only woman in the detention facility with adequate security and with a 24-hour female guard on duty.
Her room is small but not tiny and has a small window with a separate toilet and receiving area.
It has some ventilation and there’s a small window in the bedroom area.
- Bong Revilla Sends Chocolates with a Note to Fellow Inmate Leila Delima
- Is Leila Delima Experiencing Karma for Her Previous Actions as Justice Secretary?
- Mat Ranillo Delivers Money Related to Pork Barrel Scam
- Robin Padilla Urges People To Watch How Elected Officials Use Public Funds
- Jolo Revilla Formally Introduces Kris Bernal to his Family