Justice Secretary Aguirre tags Jamby, Laguna congresswoman in P100M bribe try.
Aguirre in February 24 tagged former senator Madrigal, Laguna representative Alonte and Atty. Alvin Herrera who offered P100 million to high-profile inmates to withraw their testimonies against De Lima.
They offered the eight witnesses for P100 million so that they would retract their testimonies against De Lima before February 25, the EDSA anniversary.
The justice chief cited sources as saying De Lima’s allies were planning to use the expected retraction of statements to lure people to join another People Power movement against the government.
The high profile inmates will be freed from jail if another People Power Revolution will happen in February 25, that was their promise.
Aguirre said Madrigal’s party got in touch with the high-profile inmates through Lalaine Madrigal Martines, the former senator’s cousin and wife of kidnapper Noel Martines.
The information was leaked after Alonte spoke to the inmates via speaker phone, Aguirre said.
A media tried to get the side of Madrigal, but her aide said the former senator is currently in Europe.
- Kate Middleton’s Wardrobe Spending Surpasses Last Year’s Number
- Allen Covert is Now the New Owner of Sharon Cuneta’s US Mansion
- Pres. Rodrigo Duterte Says Leni Robredo is in a Hurry to Become President
- Senator Leila Delima Wants Court to Decide Immediately Her Petition for a TRO
- Lani Mercado’s Reaction to Leila Delima’s Arrest