James Taylor cancels Manila concert over Duterte’s drug war
Taylor canceled his February concert in Manila because he finds reports of summary executions of suspected drug offenders in the country without judicial proceedings.
The American singer-songwriter had been looking forward to performing in Manila and it saddened him to cancel the concert.
He apologized to his Filipino fans and said all tickets sold for the February 25 performance would be refunded.
Taylor was a heroin addict and a psychiatric patient in his teens.
His narcotic dependency heightened the ultimate failure of perhaps America’s favorite celebrity’s music and his marriage to Carly Simon.
He did not finally get sober until his mid-30s, when he started the reinvention that makes that untamed past impossible to recognize now.
- Jessie Mendiola Gets Along Well with Luis Manzano’s Mom Vilma Santos
- Tweetie de Leon is 50 but Does not Look Her Age at All
- Iwa Moto & Pampi Lacson are Exited to Move Into Their New Home
- Maxene Magalona’s Boyfriend Robby Mananquil Proposes to Her While on Vacation in Japan
- Lea Salonga Makes Her Arts Centre Melbourne Debut With Orchestra Victoria