Bob Arum has confirmed that Australian welterweight Jeff Horn is the top contender to fight WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao.
The Middle East or the United States are also the choices for the fight’s venue but Horn’s promoter prefers Australia in Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium, as the leading option.
Arum also wants to hold the fight at an outdoor stadium on April 22 or 23.
Horn was born in Brisbane, Queensland. He is a professional Australian boxer who competed at the 2011 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Baku and was selected for the 2012 Summer Olympics in the light welterweight division.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Sentenced to 90-Day Imprisonment
- Jeff Horn Immediately Calls Out Floyd Mayweather, Jr. after His ‘Upset Win’ Over Manny Pacquiao
- Jeff Horn Believes He Has What It Takes to Beat the Still-Formidable ‘Pacman”
- Manny Pacquiao Still Needs the Money
- BIR Says Manny Pacquiao Shall Submit Proof He Pays Tax in US