Miss Philippines Bea Rose Santiago was declared the winner of the 53rd Miss International beauty pageant.
It was held at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel Hall in Tokyo, Japan on Tuesday, December 17.
Miss Netherlands Nathalie den Dekker was named first runner-up while Miss New Zealand Lorena Hermida was named second runner-up.
Rounding out the top five are Miss Hungary Brigitta Ötvős and Miss Colombia Lorena Hermida.
During the contest’s question and answer portion, which asked the top five finalists what they would if they win the Miss International pageant, Santiago said: ‘The whole world saw how my country suffered.
One by one, other countries helped. You have opened my heart and eyes on what we can do to help each other.
She added that she will work to sustain the spirit of sympathy and spirit of hope.
As long as we work together, there is hope.
Miss International is the last of the major beauty pageants to be held this year, and beauty pageant enthusiasts had high hopes for Santiago after Megan Young’s win in the Miss World 2013 pageant.
Ariella Arida also did well in the Miss Universe 2013 pageant as she placed fourth.
The Philippines has won the Miss International four times in the past, the most recent being the win of Lara Quigaman in 2005.
Other winners include Gemma Cruz-Araneta (1964), Aurora Pijuan (1970), and Melanie Marquez (1979).
- Wyn Marquez Will Try Her Luck Again in Binibining Pilipinas this Year?
- Ph’s Bet Miss Kylie Verzosa Wins Miss Internationl 2016
- Ms. Philippines Koreen Medina is the 3rd Runner up at Miss Intercontinental Pageant
- Pia Wurtzbach Shares Stage with KC Concepcion in Hosting BB. Pilipinas 2017
- Will Melanie Marquez’s Daughter Follow Mother’s Footsteps & Represent Ph in Beauty Pageant?