Eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao returns to the ring Saturday for the first time since his shocking sixth-round knockout by Juan Manuel Marquez last December.
Pacquiao and his trainer, Freddie Roach, hope to answer questions about the 34-year-old Filipino’s ability to come back from a brutal KO that left him out cold for more than 2 minutes.
His opponent is Brandon Rios, an all-action fighters also coming off a loss but six years younger than Pacquiao, with an iron chin.
Pacquiao wins a unanimous decision, his first win in two years. Rios won only three rounds from the judges.
Pacquiao out-landed Rios in power punches 223-113.
In round 12 Pacquiao is punishing Rios and making him look slow. He gives Rios a hard left hook and right uppercut.
- Manny Pacquiao Promises to Continue Fighting Because His Time is Not Yet Over
- Manny Pacquiao Wins in Pacquiao-Rios’ Fight
- The Pacquiao-Rios Fight Can Be Described as Hungry Lions in Collision
- Manny Pacquiao Performs Tribal Dance in Baguio
- Floyd Sr. Predicts Marquez Can’t Stand a Chance Against Pacquiao