Singer-actress Sharon Cuneta has pledged P10 million in cash donations.
Cuneta gave it to groups organizing relief efforts for the survivors of super typhoon ‘Yolanda’ which devastated the Philippines Friday.
On her Twitter page, the 47-year-old showbiz veteran expressed the commitment to Aboitiz Foundation, the social development arm of the Aboitiz group of companies, and Alagang Kapatid Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of TV network TV5.
Cuneta said she will donate P5 million each to the organizations, which have both announced their respective relief drives for typhoon victims in Visayas.
In an interview with ANC on Tuesday, Aboitiz Foundation head Jon Ramon Aboitiz said the group has raised about P135 million, crediting P5 million of it to Cuneta.
Veteran singer Ogie Alcasid, Cuneta’s fellow contract artist at TV5, said that as of Sunday, Alagang Kapatid has already raised around P30 million.
He said P5.5 million of the amount was donated by Cuneta.
The death toll due to Yolanda, which made landfall in the Philippines Friday, has reached 1,774 as of Tuesday morning, according to the local disaster management council.
Thousands more are feared unaccounted for.
- Regine Velasquez is Touched & Overwhelmed by the Support of Other Countries
- Sharon Cuneta Gives the Biggest Contribution
- Sharon Cuneta Donates P10 Million For Typhoon Victims
- Allen Covert is Now the New Owner of Sharon Cuneta’s US Mansion
- Sharon Cuneta Defends Husband Kiko Pangilinan from Detractors